Friday, June 29, 2007

Time, time, time time......

Oh, to have too much time on your hands.... not wholly and truly 'yours', by which I mean you can have complete freedom and control over what you're doing, but in at least some ways, it approaches a freedom of sorts. In my particular case, I'm referring to my job, where I am an overpaid geek and where rarely is anything going on, and so I have to spend a lot of free time physically in my office, in the event the phone rings and someone needs assistance, and I scurry off to raid the pesky issues from their computer.

So, with all this time on my hands that is 'mine-but-isn't', I've dorked around with various flavors of Linux, tried to follow the more trendy OSS projects, and engaged myself in whatever semi-practical matters I can that can improve my geek worthiness as well as tinker with things I otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to. An issue has arose, however, several times, where I have very vague or no recollection of my thoughts on a particular Linux version, geek problems I've run into in the past and their solutions, and similar situations that basically cause me to repeat the past because of my failure to have exceptional recall as I once had. In my senility, I resort to writing notes, and in doing so, hope that others may potentially benefit as well.

No comments: